Asphalt shingle roofing is by far the most common roofing material used in residential roofing today, typically lasting 15-30 years!
Available in a wide range of prices, sizes and colors, it is the most affordable roofing material that’s appropriate for steep-sloped roofs. Ease of installation and low material cost are the primary reasons for shingle roofing popularity. This relatively low-maintenance material, however, can be easily damaged by high wind, heat & mildew. Also, attic ventilation problems can reduce the shingles’ life so adequate ventilation is very important.
Professional Shingle Roofing Installation Contractor in PA
Family owned/operated, LGC Roofing has been installing shingle roofs since 1985! We service Bucks & Montgomery Counties of Pennsylvania, and are licensed and insured for your protection.
LGC Roofing installs a wide variety of GAF shingles, including the standard 3-tab systems, GAF Lifetime Timberline & Lifetime Designer shingles. GAF offers #1-selling shingles that are durable, practically priced and provide genuine wood shake look. Use Virtual Home Remodeler to view all options available.
Shingle Roofing Replacement Process
- Protecting your property – We make sure that nothing gets damage during installation of a new roof. We move all items from around the house; we protect your siding and plants with tarps.
- Removing old roofing material – Old shingles have to be completely removed in order to inspect wood decking flashings and penetrations.
- Inspecting wood decking – Plywood or tongue groove decking needs to be inspected for potential water damage. Any damaged wood needs to be replaced before new shingles are applied.
- Preparing the roof surface for shingles – Drip edge, ice & water shield on the bottoms and roofing felt needs to be installed on whole roof surface.
- Installing new shingles – New shingles needs to be installed using six nails per shingle. New pipe flanges, step flashing, flashing on a chimney and proper ventilation are installed
- Clean-up & final inspection – All debris needs to be picked up and disposed of lawfully. Nails need to be picked up using a magnetic tool. Finally, the company owner inspects the system to make sure it up to the highest industry standards.
If you want shingle metal roofing in Bucks, Montgomery County, or Lancaster, LGC Roofing offers top notch installation services. Our attention to detail, factory trained contractors, on-site quality control and dedication to customer satisfaction allowed us to become trusted top quality PA roofing contractor!